Sometimes justice can’t be negotiated. Insurers know which lawyers are prepared to fight for their clients in from of judges, juries and tribunals and which ones won’t. A strong litigation record is one of the most important factors in achieving successful settlements. It forces insurers to acknowledge that there is a real risk of losing at trial or a hearing, which discourages discounted or “lowball” offers.
Because so few cases are actually litigated, successful decisions offer an objective and rare insight into the judgment, confidence, knowledge and ability of your lawyers.
When you’ve been seriously injured, your focus should be on healing and moving on with your life. In the event that you’ve sustained injuries as a result of someone’s negligence, your focus splits; the importance of restoring justice becoming an additional priority.
Insurance companies use a number of factors to value a case. These include:
- Your age
- Amount of vehicular damage
- Whether you were hospitalized
- Whether you sustained fractures
At Campisi LLP, we know these details don’t tell the whole story. In the event that the insurance company attempts to deny you fair compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of income, and other damages, you can trust our team to deliver a just outcome. We have a proven track record of securing exceptional results for our serious injury clients.
The Campisi Way achieves exceptional results by taking the following actions:
- Our first priority is to invest our expertise, time and resources into getting you and your family the timely, quality care you deserve. We work with your rehabilitation team to understand the impact of your impairments, and gather convincing evidence documenting the steps in your recovery.
- We focus on your post-accident level of function and how it impacts all aspects of your life. We work with your insurance company and other healthcare professionals to schedule assessments that identify your functional limitations. We advocate for the use of state-of-the-art diagnostic tools including MRI, functional MRI, EMG, and SPECT imaging, leaving no stone unturned to help explain and document your losses.
- The Campisi legal team, under the expert guidance our managing partner, Law Professor Joseph Campisi, develops a comprehensive understanding of the law, as it applies to your case. As well, we think “outside the box”, creating innovative, winning arguments for your lawsuit.
- We take the fight to the defendant and the insurance company calling the shots. We examine their conduct over the course of the claim and hold the insurer accountable for actions and strategies that show bad faith or attract an award for punitive and aggravated damages.
At Campisi LLP, we are here to ensure that those who have wronged you are held accountable. We fight to achieve your best possible results, so you can focus on your recovery. See our results and success stories.
To learn more about the outstanding results we have achieved for our clients, read the below case studies.
- K.B. And Aviva
- Padam and Royal Sun Alliance
- V.K. and Unica
- L.D. v Gore Mutual
- Applicant v. Aviva
- TP v TD
- TK and Allstate
- TK and Allstate
- L.R. and RSA Insurance
- M.M and Aviva
- Applicant vs. Gore Mutual Insurance Company-011978/AABS
- S.K. v. Aviva Insurance Canada, 2018 CanLII 95549 (ON LAT) – Tribunal File No.: 17-006866/AABS
- S.K. v. Aviva Insurance Canada, 2019 CanLII 94065 (ON LAT) – re AC – incurred / payable (Reconsideration)
- Yang and Cooperators commission file # A-13-015345
- Martinez v. Dublin
- Angela Mosquera vs. Aviva General Insurance Company
- M.C. v. Aviva Insurance Company Canada, 2018 CanLII 61151 (ON LAT) – Tribunal File No.: 17-002614
- Michaud and State Farm
- RT v. Coseco Insurance
- Marcia Macdonald and Aviva tribunal file No. 18-000467/AABS
- D.T v Wawanesa Mutual insurance Company
- R.K. v. Aviva Insurance Canada
- M.C. v. Aviva Insurance Canada
- Applicant v Security National Insurance Company
- AJ vs Security National
- B.E. and The Personal (2020 Boyce)
- Cowdrey – Arbitrator Alan Mervin’s Reasons for Decision
- Karagiannakis – LAT decision of Vice-Chair Hunter
- Khan vs. Allstate
- KYC vs. Unica Insurance Inc., 2019 (ONLAT)
- L.C. vs. Aviva Insurance Canada, 2020 (ONLAT)
- M.M. vs. Aviva Insurance Canada – Reconsideration Decision
- M.M. vs. Aviva Insurance Company, 2020 (ONLAT)
- Zuchelkowski vs. Unifund Claims Inc
- J.S. vs. Aviva General Insurance, 2020 (ONLAT)